Earlier today, I was shooting a makeup vlog when my phone suddenly ran out of memory space. Oops. I know, I know. It happens a lot. Too many times, I tried to shoot a vlog, but I always get a pop-up message instead. So instead of wasting time and ditching the plan altogether, I decided to just blog it.
I thought of sharing my favorite lipstick products because.. well, why not? Us women should always be looking out for each other – including with our beauty favorites. ? Without further ado, here are my top 6 lipstick faves.
Let’s start from the bottom:
- Maybelline Creamy Matte Brown Nudes in Clay Crush. Wow, such a mouthful. LOL. But anyway, this has been my go-to lipstick ever since Maybelline introduced this new line in the market. My boyfriend was the one who picked this color but I was hesitant at first because it looked too orange. I forgot for a second that I’m morena. LOL. After buying it, I went straight to the comfort room to try it on and it looked perfect on me. At first, it looked a bit pale on me, but I think my makeup has already melted off that time, so. But after wearing it on too many occasions, I finally realized that it’s actually my MLBB lipstick.I typically have a hard time with lipsticks because I only have a few options. But now I have grown my lipstick stash, yet this is the first one I normally pick when I can’t decide. It’s also what I bring with me everywhere I go. You know, those “just in case” moments.
- IN2IT Liquid Matte Lipstick in 05 Rogue. I actually just bought this. It was an impulse buy, but I have no regrets. I saw, felt, heard, and tasted sparks when I swatched it on my arm. I was like, “Damn, I WANT this.” So there I was at the counter with an additional 300+ on my receipt. LOL. But again, no regrets. I see myself wearing this color a lot. It’s like a dupe to Kylie’s Dirty Peach, which I’ve been eyeing for the longest time. Except this one’s cheaper. Much cheaper.Related: Mini Makeup Haul
- Colourpop Ultramatte in Times Square. I know this color is a bit pale on a morena like me. But I have this on my list of favorite lipsticks because, well, a girl’s got different moods. And she needs different lipsticks for each mood. LOL. I use Times Square when I’m aiming for a lazy look. I match it with faint brown eyeshadow, light eyebrows, and lots of blush powder to compensate for the lack of color on my face. I don’t use it often, but like all Colourpop lipsticks, it stays on my lips all day.
- NYX Lingerie in Exotic. I was so ecstatic when I heard NYX was finally shipping Lingerie to the Philippines. I’ve been obsessed with that line for a long time now, but I didn’t want to make the effort to buy one internationally because 1) I’m broke and 2) I’m cheap. I promise, those are two different things. Anyway, my boyfriend got this for me. So maybe I’m a little biased that I like it. Haha. But in fairness, I usually like either nudes or dark lipsticks. This is something in between yet I like it. It gives enough “pop of color” on my lips.
- Colourpop Ultramatte in Avenue. I know this is a pretty adventurous color, but I love it because it’s so edgy and badass and all that jazz. I seldom wear this color, usually on late night dates out, but it’s really empowering for me to wear edgy colors like this. And I’d like to say dark colors suit my face features and my skin color. I don’t think I look any more mature when I wear dark red colors because I already look mature without makeup, to begin with. Haha. But still, that’s my judgment. I’m not sure how other people see me.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen. I loved this shade from the first time I tried it on my lips. I just find the doe foot applicator ineffective because it leaves an awkward space in the middle. See the picture above? That’s already 2 coats. It stays matte but it’s so transferable. So I rarely use it, too, because it’s kinda messy, but I still have it. You know, it’s the type of lipstick that you really love, don’t really use, but can’t really give away. Haha.
I’d post pictures of me wearing each color, but it would ruin the ✨ aesthetic ✨ of this blog post. The colors on the photo look paler because I filtered the picture a little, but there’s minimal difference.
Here are the colors in their respective tubes:
What are your top favorite lipsticks?
Latest posts by Bae Milanes (see all)
- The Most Intimate Makeover Ever - December 11, 2017
- November Accomplishments - December 10, 2017
- Budget-Friendly Christmas Gifts for Your Last Minute Shopping - December 3, 2017