The Versatile Blogger Award
I have been nominated by Corinth and I just can’t put away my smile! GAH!
Okay, self, calm. I’m not sure how long this nomination and tagging has been happening already, but thank you, Universe, for this, and thank you, Corinth, for this opportunity. You inspire me to write jovially. ?
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include a link to their blog
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 facts about you
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly
7 facts about me
- Two months ago, as I was strolling in the mall by myself on a hectic Saturday afternoon, I bumped into a volunteer who introduced me to Save The Children, an organisation that promotes nutrition and education for children in the rural areas in the Philippines. I learned that she is also an FEU alumna and also writes on Tumblr. Sadly, I wasn’t able to get her contact number, I don’t know her full name, and she wouldn’t give me her Tumblr URL (probably for personal reasons), but I would love to get in touch with her again. But the good thing is: I am now a monthly donor for Save The Children and I feel happy that every month, I am able to provide a child’s need, even in the smallest way that I can.
- I’m a better communicator on the laptop than on the phone. On the mobile phone, I can give one-liners and late replies, that it, if you even get a reply. On the other hand, if I’m using my laptop, I can answer a simple question with one entire paragraph and I type fast on the keyboard, that is, if I don’t get lost in all the tabs I open whenever I’m online. You get the idea.
- I have sponsored a child on World Vision recently. A few days ago, I was feeling antsy. I was being drowned in this overwhelming desire to buy impulsively online. I’m currently on a shopping ban and it should be enough reason to stop me from browsing online stores while working. But my craving just intensified by the hour. I was also very emotional that time and I needed an outlet. I opened my e-mail and found an e-mail from World Vision. I made a bold move to sponsor a kid. I will be receiving my Welcome Kit in a few days. 🙂
- Most of the time, people regard me as a snob, but I can be the most selfless person if I want to be. There are times that I would get out of my way to help someone (mostly they end up unappreciated), but there would also be days that I couldn’t care less because I already have problems of my own and they are already a load to handle.
- I am a voracious reader. I love everything and anything that can help me read better and feed me knowledge. My pocket app is bombarded with at least, at least, 50 articles, I read whenever I have time, e.g. looking up articles while cooking, reading articles during break from work, listing down books I want to read in the future, etc, I follow a lot of ~intellectual~ accounts on my social media platforms as well so I would have something nice to read even when I’m just scrolling past photos and statuses. I like sensible stuff, you know?
- I quit my corporate job to find my passion. I didn’t know I have already been doing it for years – writing.
- For something about my blog: albeit finding myself torn in between my indecisive thoughts on purchasing a domain name or not, I have decided months ago not to buy a name for my blog for the sole purpose that I have no intention of using it for a career, to make extra cash, or to simply be known for having my own blog. Now things are slowly changing my mind because 1) Ever since I put up a tracking app on my blog, I noticed that people actually do visit my blog and read my posts. 2) It won’t hurt to establish a better online presence. I guess my readers have no way of commenting on my posts even if they want to because I have no comment box and only tumblr users can leave comments. Shame. 🙁 That would be my next project soon, though! A comment box + my own domain name.
Now, these people might have already be nominated, and I’m pretty sure some of them have already done their entries, but I’m still giving it a shot, to also tell them I appreciate them and their blogs and I’m an avid reader. Cheers! ?✨
Latest posts by Bae Milanes (see all)
- Filipinos’ Love Affair With Buffets Feat. 7 Flavors - January 15, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide to a Mindful Running Workout - January 15, 2018
- Self-Love: Body - January 12, 2018