Magic Monday | Vol. 18
I’ve been missing in action on my blog lately (I know, despite the bombard of notifications in your inbox, I can personally feel my own absence). I started from my Twitter, then it crawled to my blog. As much as I wanted to blog randomly, I let my buzzing thoughts slide off my back. I just didn’t want to bother. But since I had an eventful week, I’m gonna go ahead and do a Magic Monday – also to encourage you all to carry over the long weekend vibe to this week.
I’m not particularly excited for Monday, but it’s still a chance for new opportunities, right?
Welcome to Magic Monday, a blog series where we list all things nice and worth looking forward to for the week. This blog series aims to uplift dazed spirits, especially on a Monday morning – a friendly reminder that not all Mondays should be hectic and that it can bring a little magic to your week if you let it. ✨
- 40 hours. I finally got a new client and I just rendered my first 40 hours last week. An 8-hour shift a day is too much for me, to be honest. My goal is to just render 4 hours a day to fulfill my “part-time freelancer” goal so I can still attend events at the last minute, but if that’s what the job requires then I’ll just submit. Now my hurdle is how to be attentive for 8 hours straight. That or chop my hours within the day so I don’t get bored easily.
- Ohana. We went all the way to Paniqui, Tarlac to eat at Chowking in celebration of Tia Anita’s 60th birthday. Technically, she’s my grandmother’s younger sister, but we all call her Tia. It was a nice afternoon just spending time with my relatives from my mom’s side. I actually missed seeing my cousins (all grown up now). I can’t believe one of them is already 11 years old, which makes me 24 now. Damn, girl. I’ll need the rest of 2017 to let that sink in.
- Wholesome travel. Our travel going to and from Paniqui, Tarlac was wholesome. On the way, it was just the four of us. Going back home, we had Nanay (my grandmother) with us. The whole time, there was nonstop chatter and sharing stories. Overall, it was just so nice. I napped on and off, but there were more times that I could hear them talking.
- Food baby. Damn, I ate so much yesterday it felt like chum would come out of my ears. But it was good. I tasted lots of different food, I shared them with people I love. No regrets gaining a few pounds over the last 2 days.
- Bars, booze, buddies. The night might not have ended as nicely as I wanted it to be (we had a little misunderstanding), but deep inside I’m happy he had this gig and the crowd loved their duo. We met some pretty cool (and so, so humble) artists that night and I also made new friends – people that don’t mind my being quiet and are okay with me not drinking.
- New YouTube content. Before watching Jec’s gig, I took the time to edit my Divisoria haul vlog (a week overdue as it was published). Doing vlogs is not my forte, I’ll admit, but I’m glad I’m still able to churn out content on my channel every now and then. If you haven’t watched my Divisoria Haul vlog yet, you can watch it here.
So that’s it for me.
How was your Monday?