Are you ready for Monday? It’s a new week ahead, but this time, it’s not going to be as fun-filled and care-free as the past few days have been. Now that the holidays are over, we’re going back to reality but it doesn’t mean that we all have to be cranky about it. In fact, we should be welcoming it with a huge hug and grateful heart that we have work to keep us busy and help put food on our tables.
I know I’m one of the people that doesn’t escape from work complaints but I still appreciate the fact that everyday I have a goal to accomplish, everyday I am held accountable for something, and everyday I’m learning aboout this and that from here and there.
For this Monday, I’m grateful that…
- I went back to reading books over the weekend. The digital age can really take its toll on anyone and instead of helping us, it also causes us self-deprecation, insecurities, and an untidy schedule, among other results. I’m not yet finished with the book I’m reading, but at least it’s starting to give me a new perspective other than those I see in social media.
- I welcomed New Year with a calm and grateful heart. As a tradition, New Year’s Eve has always been celebratory in our household. This year, it was more quiet and peaceful. I only watched the fireworks come midnight, took some videos, and went to bed at 2 AM. To make things more genuine and heartfelt, I’m ditching the goal planning and acting on my plans instead because we all know writing is not enough and if you really plan on something, youdon’t need to write them down.
- I am getting back on track on my fitness journey. After 1 month of working out in a new gym, I took a break for the holidays and because I also intend on paying for one-year worth of membership the next time I return. I am more determined to be fit now and be more conscious about my eating habits and to stick to my workout. I really hope I instill discipline in myself everyday starting tomorrow. For now, I have to come up with a flatlay schedule to follow for me to get in my work, household chores, and exercise.
How is your Monday so far?
Latest posts by Bae Milanes (see all)
- Makeup As An Investment: Simple Glam Makeup Workshop - September 20, 2017
- Magic Monday | Vol. 19 - September 17, 2017
- 16 Things I Accomplished Last August - September 12, 2017