Magic Monday | Volume 1
Welcome to Magic Monday, a blog series where we list all things nice and worth looking forward to for the week. This blog series aims to uplift dazed spirits, especially on a Monday morning – a friendly reminder that not all Mondays should be hectic and that it can bring a little magic to your week if you let it.
Read on to know more about Magic Monday.
In an attempt to enhance my blogging and to be more original with my blog posts, I wrote down categories (potential blog series) which I’d love to share with you all but don’t talk about enough of on my blog, one of them being Magic Monday. We all know that Monday is always that dreaded day of the week – the complete opposite of how we treat Friday. I’m no different towards it but in the hope of turning the tables and making the beginning of the week more bearable, I decided to start my very own blog series, Magic Monday, to start off the week.
The rule is to list 3 to 5 things – yes, just a short list to make it more practical and convenient – that you look forward to during the coming week, a little something during the weekday that you can carry over to make your Monday a little brighter (maybe an item that you bought, a meal you enjoyed, a simple goal that you accomplished), or anything that that you think will put a spark on your Day 1 of the week. Instead of being gloomy about Mondays, let’s sprinkle positivity and find reasons to be (more) excited about it.
Hopefully, I get to take better photos soon and stop borrowing from Unsplash for stock photos. I hate being unoriginal with my photos.
- Chewy. We got a new pet just yesterday, a Shih Tzu, and mom named him Max but kuya and I like the sound of Chewy better because he really looked like Chewbacca from Star Wars, except black and white. I guess all Shih Tzu’s look like a Chewbacca, but since Chewy is still a baby, he has shorter hair, which resembles Chewbacca more.
- The black tank top. It’s not just any tank top, it’s the tank top. I’ve searched far and wide for this type, and when I saw an online store selling it, I thought it was too much so I kept dreaming about it without really pursuing it. Yesterday, I saw the exact tank top in H&M, but which was a little bit tight on the chest (well, to be fair, busty is not all that nice and charming) and I knew I had to get it. It was more expensive than the one I saw in the online store, but the point is, I GOT WHAT I WANTED.
- Time. I have 11 straight days of no work and I’m thankful I have enough time to update my blog, shop around, have more me time, and, basically, have ample time to declutter my makeup stash, my closet, and my life, in general.
What about you, what’s getting you by this Monday? ✨
Latest posts by Bae Milanes (see all)
- Filipinos’ Love Affair With Buffets Feat. 7 Flavors - January 15, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide to a Mindful Running Workout - January 15, 2018
- Self-Love: Body - January 12, 2018