Welcome to Magic Monday, a blog series where we list all things nice and worth looking forward to for the week. This blog series aims to uplift dazed spirits, especially on a Monday morning – a friendly reminder that not all Mondays should be hectic and that it can bring a little magic to your week if you let it.
- Over the weekend, a client asked me to edit the article I wrote a few days prior and I finally finished it yesterday before sundown so that gave me a few more hours of my weekend. While I work flexible hours on weekends, I don’t disregard my work and still always include work in my schedule. I just felt light having been able to nap at noon and wake up with a fresh string of thoughts, enabling me to write better.
- Last Thursday, I found myself facing a sticky situation with a friend. I suppose we are ex-friends now. I don’t want to call it that but it seems that’s our situation now. So why am I including this on my Magic Monday volume? It’s simple. I believe that a door closing opens a new one. I did my best to love her and understand her situation but I guess not all friendships are meant to last forever. We’ve had our ups and downs. It’s extra hard for me because I’ve never had to end a friendship this way. It usually ends upon graduation from high school or college, as what usually happens. Despite this, I still wish her good things in life. I guess you just can’t care so much for another.
- I got new books as if my pile of to-reads isn’t enough. We went to National Book Store Quezon Avenue yesterday night and it was so nostalgic going back there. My clearest memory of that place goes back about 11 years ago (dang, really?!) when it would rain so hard that classes would be suspended by noon so my mom would just bring us with her to her office, but prior that, we would go to NBS Q. Ave just because.
- My work requires me to tinker with WordPress and deal with different kinds of settings, and I’m glad I am held responsible for it because I’m surely learning a lot of things from it. My extra responsibilities beyond writing articles may feel too much sometimes, but as a friend assured me, I’m getting more work on my plate because I’m actually good at what I do.
- I think I’m losing weight from all the cardio I’ve been doing. I think. I have yet to hear validation from others.
- The amount of entries I’ve been getting on Aneth and I’s birthday giveaway. ? It feels so good to be accepted in the blogosphere. I’m not really after the numbers but it feels good to know I do have *silent* readers lurking about.
Just a short fun fact: I wrote this entire Magic Monday entry on the back of receipts while we were eating at McDonald’s and while on the way home.
I have a draft on tips for creatives but I haven’t gotten the right mood for it yet, but here’s one: writers do not get precious. If you have ideas flowing in your head, grab a pen and a paper (or a tissue paper or a receipt) and jot them down. Otherwise, it’s always handy to have a pen and paper with you wherever you go.
What about you? Tell me about your Monday so far. Any nice things over the weekend that you’re carrying over the week? Do share!
Latest posts by Bae Milanes (see all)
- The Most Intimate Makeover Ever - December 11, 2017
- November Accomplishments - December 10, 2017
- Budget-Friendly Christmas Gifts for Your Last Minute Shopping - December 3, 2017