As I was taking a shower, I thought, “This sucks, it’s Monday again.” I may have enjoyed my weekend and had a good night’s sleep (I slept for eight hours, success!), there’s always the feeling of dreading Mondays. You feel me? I wanted to keep that bug away. It’s not as if I’m not enjoying my work, or I don’t feel like working at all, there’s just this dragging feeling every time we start a new work week. At the mention of work, we always feel sluggish somehow.
So I thought of writing another Magic Monday volume. I haven’t done this in a while. I also wanted to spread positivity to everyone, that not all Mondays have to suck. Sometimes we just need to adjust our perspective of things to make our Mondays magical, even in small ways.
Here are the wonderful things that happened to me over the weekend:
- Jec and I went to the Manila International Book Fair yesterday, and we had an awesome experience. You’d probably guess it’s because we hoarded books. Nope, in fact, I only bought one book and it’s by an independent author even. We took a lot of photos from the event and even saw some famous people. LOL. Our feet were aching, and our stomachs were growling by the end of the day, but we had fun.
- Sunsets at the Manila Bay are simply amazing. We weren’t able to go there exactly, but we caught a glimpse of the sunset from SM Mall of Asia. It was too splendid!
- We tried out a restaurant in MOA, Gotti’s Ristorante. The food was good, the service was great, and the restaurant had a comfortable ambience. We didn’t have to wait long for the food (this is a plus if you’re really hungry at the moment like we were) and the servers were quick to move. Not once did I have to call their attention to ask for more iced tea.
- I finally have a copy of No Filter. 🙂 I searched long and hard for it. My efforts were not wasted. I glimpsed at the inside – the illustrations are too good. I can’t wait to read it!
Latest posts by Bae Milanes (see all)
- Simple Actions That Will Effectively Improve Your Blog - October 17, 2017
- My ‘Anxiety’ Story | #WorldMentalHealthDay - October 15, 2017
- Life Lately | Vol. 19 - October 14, 2017