The Most Intimate Makeover Ever
V-Restore: Women Taking Control of their Health and Satisfaction
A lot of us women are scared of having ourselves checked down there – that’s a fact. While vaginal health is important, it often takes a backseat due to various reasons including fear, embarrassment, and misconception.
We often feel embarrassed of sharing our reproductive health problems so even if we have to, we delay going to an OB-GYNE, or worse, never go at all. The only time that we do go is because we’re pregnant or are planning to be. Aside from getting a wax for hygienic purposes, we ignore everything else our ladies need.
But vaginal health is important. So let’s talk about it!
“A woman has two faces: one in her head and another between her legs.”
Women need to realize that they need to find and make time for their well-being, especially their reproductive wellness. To make this happen, Feminine Wellness Advocates created a campaign to raise awareness on female wellness in a holistic approach. Leading the group is Dr. Annabelle Aherrera. She specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology, having more than 28 years of experience in the field. In the event, she shared the “science of the most intimate makeover,” which she calls V-Restore.
So what’s V-Restore? Simply put, it promotes feminine intimate healthcare. Sounds fancy, right? 😉
Intimate Healthcare Makeover
You might have a lots of questions in your head right now. So let’s talk about this “intimate makeover” further.
V-Restore is the science that restores, revitalizes, and renews women’s intimate area. It’s painless, safe, and effective. It primarily addresses intimate dysfunctions brought about by the natural process of ageing that result in vaginal dryness, loss of vaginal tone, and reduced vaginal secretion.
It also targets functional impairment resulting in urinary incontinence even with just coughing, laughing, sneezing or straining; and vaginal laxity or looseness caused by pregnancy and childbirth.
It might be hard to believe but this really happens, and a lot of women are probably experiencing some of these problems I mentioned. Unfortunately, many are also unaware. Imagine having to accidentally pee in your underwear whenever you cough, laugh, or exert even a tinge of physical effort. It’s disturbing, right? It literally disrupts your everyday life.
And if you think these problems only happen to adults, particularly to women in their 20’s or 30’s , then think again! Children are also susceptible to vaginal dysfunction, even the young ladies who just started menstruating. So it’s really important that we tackle this issue head-on. You never know, a woman close to you is having the same exact problem I mentioned above. Who could have thought, right?
Lastly, aesthetic imperfections resulting in hypertrophy of the labia minora or smaller inner lips, and sagging vulvar labia skin, and discoloration are also addressed.
In short, V-Restore helps achieve overall intimate health and sexual well-being for women. *throws confetti*
How is V-Restore done?
According to Dr. Aherrera, V-Restore can be done through surgical and non-surgical procedures:
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation – This is a surgical procedure that effectively enhances your vagina’s muscle tone, strength, and control. It prettifies your lady by decreasing the internal and external vaginal diameters (a.k.a. looseness) while building up and strengthening the perineal body (read: function). The result? Pre-pregnant post-virginal state of the vagina. In other words: FRESH. 😀
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty – This is an aesthetic surgical enhancement of the vulvar structures, labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, and introitus. Basically, it’s for aesthetics purposes. Overtime, our vaginas sag, become loose, and lose its form. But that’s normal! We may be doing okay sexually, but we just want to feel attractive. That’s all! It’s like having your lips injected. Technically, there’s nothing wrong with your lips. But plumper lips make you feel attractive. The same goes with your vagina.
- Thermiva or Temperature-Controlled Radiofrequency (RF) Procedure – This is the first non-surgical and non-invasive United Stated FDA-approved radio frequency treatment that helps revive and restore loose skin, loose vaginal wall, dry vulva and dry vagina, loose mucosa, loss of sensitivity, and fascial support. The treatment is basically a warm comfortable massage of warm heat over the genital area, so it’s completely safe. Thermiva enhances tightening of the skin and stimulates new and tighter collagen remodeling. By this, there is increased blood flow to the labia and clitoris thereby increasing sensitivity and helping improve orgasmic activity.
So now, your question might be: What’s in it for me?
While V-Restore helps improve sexual satisfaction and aesthetics, it also benefits women with conditions like:
- Pelvic Floor Disorder (PFD)
- Bladder problems
- Vaginal prolapse after hysterectomy
- Tears in vaginal connective tissues
- Weakened pelvic muscles
- Issues after childbirth
- Uneven, hanging, large or wrinkled labia minora
- Odor and hygiene problems
- Pain and discomfort caused by sports and physical activities
- Decreased sensation during sexual intercourse
While V-Restore helps improve your vaginal heath’s state, it’s not for women who have sexual dysfunction. That’s a whole other different topic, which I also wrote about. You can read all about Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD) here.
As how you concern yourself with your physical attraction, you should also care for your well-being, including your reproductive health. Feel weird down there? Consult a doctor. Don’t be a Carrie!
I personally believe that it’s important to tackle issues like these, not just among women but among men as well. Men might not personally need these solutions, but it could help a woman they know, like their sister, mother or partner. I know it’s terrifying to talk about these things, and some people feel iffy at the mention of reproductive health, vagina, or even sex, but I also believe that there’s power in knowledge.
You can also help someone else by sharing what you know. It’s also important to keep an open mind especially with health conditions like this. The vagina is the representation of a woman’s femininity, so we should take care of it as much as we take care of the rest of our body.
The team made sure that the event was indeed intimate. Albeit the discussion was a bit technical and packed with information, Dr. Aherrera made sure that we understood why we were discussing reproductive health in the first place. There was so much I learned in the event, and I hope I was able to pass on the knowledge through this simple blog post.
For more information, news, and updates on women’s health and wellness, you can connect with Feminine Wellness Advocates or connect with Dr. Aherrera herself. You can also learn more info about the science of the most intimate makeover through this website.
Dr. Aherrera was trained by renowned gynecologist Dr. Constantino P. Manahan, one of the founders of Makati Medical Center and the one who started the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Alongside Dr. Manahan, Dr. Aherrera was trained by Dr. David Matlock and Dr. Red Alinsod from the United States of America, both pioneers in surgical and nonsurgical vulvovaginal procedures.